Saturday, 5 January 2013

On the 366 photo challenge......

The original inspiration for the 366 photo challenge came from the Day Zero Project website. I had never heard of it before, but thought it was a lovely idea: taking a photograph every day for a year. Strangely after adding it to my personal list, I became aware of more and more bloggers doing the same thing. It was a really nice way to start out the challenge with so many other people doing it and encouraging one another.

I began the challenge by stating the following:

" I'm not a good photographer. My subjects tend to be rather wriggly. There will not be any fancy tricks or interesting angles. But I will try and select pictures that represent our life and document what I hope will be a fun-filled 2012."

I'd love to say that over the year my photography has improved. It hasn't. I fully intended to explore all the different settings on our camera, learn more about shutter speed and composition, perhaps even take a course. I didn't. However, I am so pleased that I took part in this. It got me out of the house when sometimes I simply 'couldn't be bothered'. There are some terrible photographs, but equally there are some lovely ones too. More than that though, the series as a whole and my descriptions really provide a story. A true story: the life of the Simmonds in 2012. A simple, but happy and fun filled (mostly) life. A little piece of history has now been preserved for a lot longer than if these moments and memories were just left in my mind. I know I will look back in years, decades even,  from now and love getting this insight into my life back in 2012.

Here are some of my favourites:






































If you are thinking that maybe you would like to do this, then please do it! Pick up that camera and make today Day 1! You won't regret it.


1 comment:

  1. Love all these photos Kelly. Have you not done this project since 2013
    Perhaps you should try it again this year but perhaps include other ideas as well since both Kelly and Theo now at school x

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)