Tuesday, 7 February 2012

The Ultimate Jumping Around Album: Disc One - The Classics

I talked here about my desire to teach my children about real music.

Here is Disc One of three albums I've composed to jump around and generally dance like crazy things to:

I Get Around - The Beach Boys
One Step Beyond - Madness
Do you Love Me - The Contours
Wild Thing - The Contours
I Want You Back - Jackson 5
La Bamba - Los Lobos
Wipeout - The Surfaris
Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
The Locomotion - Little Eva
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
Soul Man - Sam and Dave 
Baby I Love You - The Ramones
Ain't No Mountain High Enugh - Marvin Gaye
Bright Side of the Road - Van Morrison 
Lola - The Kinks

Quite a few of these featured in the Friday Night Discos we had as a family when I was young.

This album went down particularly well over the weekend when the heating randomly stopped working!

5 comments:

  1. I love La Bamba! At work at the moment but it use to make me dance all the time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some classics there, great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday night discos! That sounds like a great idea! Mind if I steal it? *plans playlist*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some feel-good tunes right there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. God. You have La Bamba on there?! You're actually my long lost twin. You must be! BRILLIANT tune!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)