Monday, 23 January 2012

Dear Hubster,


Today is Monday. I used to dread Mondays when I worked. Monday-itis we called it at school.

Now Mondays mean something different but I’m still not a fan. Mondays now mean a 4.45am start and you driving 300 odd miles away from us. Our little family is fragmented, temporarily.

At first, after a weekend of you treating me to two lie ins and us ‘sharing’ the parenting, the thought is slightly bewildering and overwhelming. I am now totally responsible for the welfare and well being of these two small children and there’s the house to manage too. And I’m tired. The days and hours of the week ahead stretch out before me.

I drop The Whirlwind off at pre-school and I wonder whether to take a nap with The Giggle Monster. I don’t; the house is a mess and needs attending to. We have been doing more important things this weekend like having fun.

I’m feeling sorry for myself but as I reach the ‘it’ll do' stage on the house tidying action, I flick on the kettle and take stock. Here I am in our lovely, forever home that we have recently purchased. In the village we dreamed of living in but never thought we would. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. My beautiful baby boy will awaken soon and we will laugh and cuddle and chat about pandas and polar bears. Then we’ll pick up The Whirwind and no doubt there will be some whirling and some winding and more laughter. By this time you will have just about reached rainy Cumbria.

You don’t have the choice of a nap. You don’t have the choice to decide whether to do a spot of finger painting this afternoon, go puddle jumping or visit a friend for a cuppa. 

You are the world to us. I’m sorry I’m too self absorbed sometimes to remember how much you do and how hard you work for our little family.

I love you so much. You are a wonderful father, an amazing husband and the bestest best friend a girl could ask for.  Oh and you make a pretty good wind farmer too :-).

I anticipate Friday with much excitement but until then I will be mainly playing Rapunzel and reading animal based books with a smile on my face. Thank you for making this a choice for me. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. (Even though I may moan about it sometimes).

Love you millions and squillions.

Your most definitely un-wiffey,

Wiffey

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


5 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely 'note' of appreciation. It must be hard being away from you all for a whole week. I miss my partner when he works and thats from 4 until midnight every day nothing as bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved this!! Maybe I should write something similar for my husband. (But I can just imagine his response! "Eh??")

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP. MAKING. ME. CRY!!! :)
    This is really sweet and heartfelt. It can't be easy for either of you and I think you do a great job.
    Things usually work out best for people who make the best of how things work out.
    It's inspirational to be friends with someone so positive and sunny xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)