Sunday, 11 December 2011

Dearest Ella Bella Bongo,


Today you turned four years old.

I can’t quite believe it. On one hand it feels like time has hurtled by at the speed of light, but then I can barely remember life without you now. My little sidekick, my number one girl.

We knew within weeks of your birth that you were strong willed. You know what you want and you know how you want things to be. Though at times this can be challenging, I love this quality in you. I know as you get older this will lead you to success and happiness.

You love the outdoors. Last week we went to Eaton Park and you had a great time on the climbing frame. You are so brave and determined. You had even more fun running to the top of the BMX hill and then pelting down so fast your legs were a blur. Then you and Giggle Monster decided to roll down the hill, giggling together with pure joy. By the end of it you had leaves in your hair and were covered in mud but you didn’t care.

You started a new preschool in September. The first day you kissed me goodbye and off you went. I am so proud at how independent and confident you have become. Within a week you had made your ‘best friend’ Ellie and you are still inseparable. You make friends very easily wherever you go. Today we were in a jewellery shop and you took it upon yourself to go and show the shopkeeper the jewellery you had made that morning. Unfortunately she didn't offer to sell your wares, but there's some definite potential entrepreneurial skills there!

You are lucky that you see JoJo, Gramps, Nanny Sue, Grandma and Grandad lots. You are so loving and affectionate towards them. You are a little ray of sunshine in their lives.

In the past year your brother has gone from being a fairly inactive baby to a very active toddler. He stumbles about, hitting you with wooden spoons, grabbing all your toys and demanding my attention. You are so wonderful with him. You have never hurt him and you look out for him. He adores his big sister.

Every day you bound down the stairs and burst through the door clutching Pink Teddy and Bunny and give me the biggest smile. It's the best way to start the day, don’t you ever stop that. 

I can’t believe I only have a few precious months left before you go off to school. I’m going to miss you so very much. But I know you will love it and you will have a whale of a time. We are going to make the most of these last special months.

Until next year my beautiful girl.

I love you millions and squillions.

Mummy xxx

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ella Bella Bongo! Such a lovely post. She sounds feisty like my Miss A. She is still 2 years off going to school.. we don't send them until they are 5 here, and sometimes 6. She will drive me crazy by then!

    Thanks for popping by to comment on the 52 week challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a lovely piece for you, Ad and Ella to look back on. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kel. Brought a tear to my eye x
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I saw you comment on The Life of Mrs. P and thought I would help you get another follower by following you. I would love the follow back. Getting followers is hard work, connect with a lot of blog hops and networks. I always follow the ones who stated that they **follow back**. Also on your facebook page there is a way you can give your page it's own url like mine is www.facebook.com/savingandsharingit. Good luck!
    I am looking forward to following.

    Katie - Saving and Sharing It
    http://www.savingandsharingit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot...I love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God this just made me cry!! I am such a woos (can't spell that)! I hope I am as good a mum as u r one day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah what a lovely thing to say, thank you Sam. xx ( it's 'wuss' by the way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was lovely Kelly, Lily is 4 on Sunday, time does go sooo fast, can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)