Thursday, 8 December 2011

A Day in the Life of The Giggle Monster


Apparently people have become a little bored of Mummy writing all these boring lists and banging on about her Day Zero Project.  So, due to popular demand I’m back for the day. It’s not been a particularly eventful one, but sometimes it’s nice to get a little taste of how other peoples’ daily lives tick by.

Mummy's main activity this week has been lolling about on the sofa. Her voice is all croaky which is extremely annoying. Reading books is my favourite thing to do and frankly her skills just aren’t up to scratch this week. She gets halfway through, and starts sighing, and going, ‘ow, ow, poor me, my throat, cough cough cough’. Honestly. She’s such a drama queen. She should try having man flu, then she’d know what being poorly was all about. 

Anyway she’s mainly been throwing toys in our vague direction and shouting croaking instructions from the sofa, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates has been on repeat. After watching the Princess Pirate episode for the seventh time,  I decided it was time to find my own fun. The saying 'only boring people get bored' is so true. Fun people always have fun, that's what I say. (Did you see what I did there?)

I found The Whirlwind’s box thing with all the flaps? I just love flaps. Mummy and The Whirlwind were a bit annoyed that I pulled a couple of them off. But they were asking for it! Just flapping around like that, teasing me. 



I spent quite a bit of time tearing up a loo roll. I love doing this. I find it quite therapeutic. Talking about therapy, I reckon Mummy could do with some. She really overacted to seeing the whole roll in bits. Actually I think maybe it was the bits in her tea that she really objected to.

It had been quite a busy morning and I started to feel a bit peckish. It didn’t look like Mummy was going to be up to knocking up too many culinary treats today so I used my initiative and went on a hunt. I came across this blue box. I wasn’t quite sure what was inside, but mmmmm it smelt good. I ripped open the box and the foil said ‘Eat Me’. 

Well, if this wasn’t a sign………..But then Mummy snatched it off me! I was so cross, I threw myself to the floor and banged my head on it self-harmer stylee. That usually gets a reaction. She started singing ‘Zoom, zoom, zoom.’ I’m getting a bit wise to this. 'Distraction techniques' I believe they are called. Ha, I’m on to you Mummy. Oh, I do LOVE this one though. Oh and the excitement of the 5,4,3,2,1 bit!! And the finale when we get to jump up in the air and throw our hands up! Such fun! My Mummy’s great.

I think Mummy felt a bit bad about the whole lying on the sofa thing so decided to spice things up a bit and introduce me to paint. How fun is that stuff?! Of course, I am a baby, so I had to do the obligatory exploring of it using my senses. My hands went in it, I had a little taste, I looked at all the patterns it could make….when thrown on to the floor. Great times.

We were pretty messy after the session so Mummy dumped us straight in the bath. I love baths. They are so warm. Soooooo relaxing, ahhh. My sister soon put a stop to the tranquil atmosphere though when she started to shriek and jump up and down. ‘Mummy, mummy, heeeeeeelp!!! There’s a poo in the bath!!’ Oooops. That didn’t mean to happen. But, come on! Blimey. You can tell where she gets her tendency to overact from. Women!
 
At this point Mummy starts muttering things about ‘leaving a trail of destruction wherever you go’ and ‘can’t wait to get you into bed’. Charming, hey? Luckily I was feeling pretty tired so I didn’t mind, I’d had a busy day.  And I guess I need to work up some energy for tomorrow’s adventures.

Until next time folks!

5 comments:

  1. I think the Giggle Monster has a great career ahead of him as a columnist. And now it's only fair that the Whirlwind writes a Christmas stylee article. More please x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me smile and gave me some much needed perspective, thank you. My son emptied every box in the advent calendar of sweets today. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on it Pops! Glad you enjoyed Penny, hmmmm does that mean my day was worse than yours?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moment Theo sheds some load in the bath reminds me of a scene from Caddyshack! Your 'day in the life of...' stories are excellent. Keep up the writing. Ads. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how familiar this day sounds. Poor mummy though, having to do all that with a croaky voice. I think mummy deserves a rather large glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)