Sunday, 20 November 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful


Open a newspaper, turn on the TV, flick open your phone and more often than not you are met with a barrage of doom and gloom. Is it just our country or is it a worldwide thing? I’m not sure but I do know that it can be catching.

This is why I’ve decided to join Mummy From The Heart's meme Reasons To Be Cheerful. Every week she lists the things she is grateful for. This is such a simple yet marvellous idea. Gratitude is often cited by psychologists as the key to happiness. I’m a bit confused as to how to link up my post as someone else is hosting it this week, but hey ho.

So, this week my Reasons To Be Cheerful are:

1)     The weather. Hasn’t it been the most amazing couple for months?! I love the sun and I have absolutely been making the most of it. The kids and I have been out and about jumping and kicking around in the crunchy leaves warmed physically and mentally by that gorgeous Autumnal amber glow. Autumn is officially my new favourite season.



2)     Wonderful parents. On Thursday I had a super day out in London with my Mum while my Dad and Nanny Sue baked cakes, made friends with the local cows and built towers. Earlier in the week The Hubster’s Mum, Grandma, looked after the kids for a couple of hours while I went into the city and started my Christmas shopping.  A couple of weeks ago my Mum looked after the kids for an entire 3 days while The Hubster and I went off on a jolly to Amsterdam. I am so very lucky and so very grateful.

3)     Watching my children’s relationship grow. Obviously they have been communicating and interacting since day one, but it seems every day they are finding each other more and more interesting. They sing together, dance together and make each other laugh. I particularly love seeing this when they don’t know I’m watching.

What would be on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)