Saturday, 26 November 2011

Listography: Cartoon characters from your youth

Now I am officially back on the blog, I will be joining in on the lovely Kate's listography linky again. And what a cracker it is this week: Cartoon characters from your youth. Well actually I only just realised it was cartoon characters after I had thought of my top five cartoons but hey ho. I'm sure Kate will forgive me. She's nice like that.

1) Gummy Bears. Let me jog your memory a little, 'gummy bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere......' What was in that gummy bear juice that enabled them to jump so high? And more to the point, where can I get some from?

2) Bananaman.  At the grand old age of 31, I still eat bananas even though I don't actually like them. The subliminal message so worked on me.

3) California Raisins. These weren't just any old shrivelled up raisins. These were Californian raisins. They were cool, they played instruments and they rocked!

4) Captain Planet. The makers of this really were ahead of the times. Where's the programme like this now? 'Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero......'

5) Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Who was your favourite? My brother liked Donatello the best because his favourite colour was purple at the time. My favourite was Michelangelo beacuse he loved pizza. You'll be pleased to know we now make judgements on people going on a little more than the colour of their headwear and their favourtite fast food type.

What have I missed?

Go over and check out some other classic cartoons at Kate Takes 5!

14 comments:

  1. I remember only the last one and only because the boys I babysat were mad on it. I guess our choices will reveal our age

    ReplyDelete
  2. RAFAEL! Definitely the best one. Oooooh Captain Planet! HOW could I have forgotten that?

    ... With your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

    I even had that ring that they had, begged and bawled at my mom to get it one year and it was a hoot.

    Oh wow. So proud of my young, geek self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bananaman! CANNOT believe I forgot Bananaman! I used to love that! Can I re-do my list now?! Or add a 6th?! :-) "When Eric ate a banana...." class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could be of assistance in jogging those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Gummi Bears are on my list too and I have to admit the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles were one of my guilty pleasures. I even have a T-Shirt saying "The Turtles rock" - ahem and I bought it two years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bananaman!! We used to get the comic every weekend and I (to my shame) had a pair of yellow "banana boots"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gummi bears! Brilliant. How could I have missed them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha captain planet!! loved it and still remember the theme tune! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gummi Bears! Completely forgot about them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Captain Planet! I should've put that one down. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't remember Captain Planet but loved the others. Beginning to think I watched more tv than I thought. Who needed sky !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't recognise California Raisins! I did use to love Bananaman though - am I right in thinking he was called Eric?

    ReplyDelete
  13. captian planet!

    I thought i was the only one who remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)