Now I am officially back on the blog, I will be joining in on the lovely Kate's listography linky again. And what a cracker it is this week: Cartoon characters from your youth. Well actually I only just realised it was cartoon characters after I had thought of my top five cartoons but hey ho. I'm sure Kate will forgive me. She's nice like that.
1) Gummy Bears. Let me jog your memory a little, 'gummy bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere......' What was in that gummy bear juice that enabled them to jump so high? And more to the point, where can I get some from?
2) Bananaman. At the grand old age of 31, I still eat bananas even though I don't actually like them. The subliminal message so worked on me.
3) California Raisins. These weren't just any old shrivelled up raisins. These were Californian raisins. They were cool, they played instruments and they rocked!
4) Captain Planet. The makers of this really were ahead of the times. Where's the programme like this now? 'Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero......'
5) Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Who was your favourite? My brother liked Donatello the best because his favourite colour was purple at the time. My favourite was Michelangelo beacuse he loved pizza. You'll be pleased to know we now make judgements on people going on a little more than the colour of their headwear and their favourtite fast food type.
What have I missed?
Go over and check out some other classic cartoons at Kate Takes 5!