Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Top Five Albums by a Band

So, 6 days until we move house. The Hubster is conveniently away from home and unable to return until the day before The Big Move. And I have yet to pack a box. Hmmm, blogging probably shouldn't be my priority this week, but when I saw Kate's listography theme this week, I had to join in.

Sorry these are brief and no pics of album covers, but in no particular order:

The Beatles - With The Beatles

I know, I know. Everyone says Revolver is the best. But out of the 12 tapes in my Beatles collection I was given by my Dad for my 18th birthday, it was this one that died first. This must be a sign?

The Kinks - You Really Got me - Best of

I was actually born in the wrong decade. Cheating a bit with a best of, but I challenge you to name me a song you don't love.

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Legend 

I love reggae and Bob is the King. Just hearing it makes me think of dancing barefoot on a Caribbean beach. Not that I've done this, but I'm sure it would live up to my expectations.

Oasis - Definitely Maybe

Definitely maybe this one, or What's the Story. Or Be Here Now. Not the others though. Sooo boringly predictable, but these guys provided the soundtrack to my teenage years and hearing Liam's voice just transports me straight back there.

Ash - 1977

Again hearing this brings back some great memories of summers spent at festivals, beer and moshing. Fantastic stuff.

Longpigs - The Sun is Often Out

If I had to choose number one, this might be it. Controversial, I know. This album is beautiful, passionate, sexy, dark, uplifting and powerful. Try it!

Check out other people's favourites at Kate Takes 5

Right, best start that packing.......

7 comments:

  1. Oh no. Fundamental error!! There are 6 albums in my Top Five! Whoops. Which one should go?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not The Kinks! I love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay def not the Kinks! Think it might have to be Ash, sorry Mr Wheeler. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously all the Beatles stuff is great but I always go back to the movie albums "Hard Day's Night" and "Help." I notice you're very patriotic - nothing American here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how managed to miss this list - apologies for my late arrival. All excellent choices but have to agree with Kelly and say adieu to Ash. Thanks for joining in and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kate! Pops - it wasn't intentional. Green day - American Idiot almost made it in the list! x

    ReplyDelete

Go on, put a smile on my face and leave me a comment. Thank you! :-)